North Shore Sailing Team: Programs and Events
The North Shore Sailing Team supports all youth development, pre-Olympic, Olympic, and BC Sailing Circuit
the team supports Optimist, 420, Laser, and 29er sailors.
We have three teams on the water. All our fleets train on Saturdays with separate coaches for each fleet. There are also Thursday night strategy sessions the Thursday prior to a regatta.
Regatta events are a key component to the NSST’s program and provide visibility for the participating clubs, and engage sailors into the competitive environment. The NSST supports athletes at BC Sailing Circuit events, the BC Games, Sail West, Sail Canada Youth Nationals, and other identified events. The NSST will be present at the following 2017 events:
- Frigid Digits, Feb 11-12, Seattle
- Mid-winters West, Mar 24-26, Marina del Rey
- Kitten Cup Regatta, April 22-23 @ RVYC (Vancouver)
- Spring Dinghy Champs, May 6-7 @ RVYC (Victoria)
- Springtime Regatta, May 20-21 @ COSA (Kelowna)
- Laser North Americans, Jun 21-25 @ RVYC (Vancouver)
- WAVES, June 30- Jul 2 @ RVYC (Vancouver)
- BC Championships, July 8-9 @ SYC (Squamish)
- BC 420 Championships, Jul 29-30 @ Comox
- Whistler Regatta, Aug 19-20 @ Whistler
- Rocky Point - BC Opti - Team Race Champs, Sept 16-17 @ Port Moody
- Fall Dinghy Champs, Sept 23-24 @ Victoria
- Pumpkin Bowl, Oct 14-15 @ West Van
- Bluenose Regatta (No Optimist Classes), Oct 28-29 @ Vancouver
- Special training camps with other clubs, details will be sent out as they become available.
- 2017 Northwest Youth Racing Circuit. South of the border has some great laser and opti events
to see the BC Sailing Circuit schedule page.