Offer to Billet Visiting Sailors
Members and friends of WVYC frequently billet (host) visiting sailors (and their family members) who are participating in club events. This provides an inexpensive way for sailors to attend events at other clubs and also gives them and their hosts, the opportunity to get to know other members of the sailing community. Many long term friendships with sailors from other cities and countries started from billeting with host families.
Billets provide a place for visiting sailors to stay but not under any obligation to provide food (meals are available at the club). Sailors are often happy to sleep on a couch or camping mattress / foamy on the floor if you have limited beds.
Visiting sailors (or parents /guardians of Junior Sailors) will be made aware that they are responsible for:
- Arranging their own meals (not provided by host) – these are available at the club.
- Arranging transport to from the billet each day.
- Bringing a sleeping bag and towel.
- Providing up to date arrival information / driver contact information to you (so you know when to be at home to receive them)
- Making you aware of any pertinent allergies / health issues that Junior Sailors may have.
- The fact that they / their child will be a guest in someone else’s home.
If you can billet visiting sailors / their families please fill out the form below: