Ladies Race & Cruise
11th Annual Ladies Race & Cruise to Elliott Bay will be held May 26-27, 2018
Calling all Senoritas and Senoras!
Please save May 26th and 27th for the WVYC Annual
Ladies Sailing Race/ Cruise,
and fun event.
We have our enthusiastic sailors but would love
to see more power boating women, making this truly, a WOW weekend.
The theme is Mexican
, with a taste of famous
Pictured below is one example of a costume
Online Registration & More
Sailing Instruction (TBA)
Start Times (TBA)
- Registration will close late May 23rd. All skippers please provide an email address (under the questions section) on the registration page so you can be contacted.
- Dinner Menu -TBA
- Sailing Instructions will be available at the skipper's meeting.
- Start Times: 0900 hrs Skipper's meeting at the WVYC clubhouse. Racers and Cruisers please attend. 0930 -0945hrs boats leave the basin 1030 hrs race begins. Assistance will be available on the dock for departure and arrival in Elliott Bay.
- Tent platforms are booked for our use
- Two fingers on right side of main BBQ dock (five sides) are for our boats, racers and cruisers.
- Male volunteers and chauffeurs will pay a reduced rate for their grub. Cost per cowgirl and cowboy will be confirmed after final registration.
** Registrant list available on the registration page
10th Annual Ladies Race & Cruise to Elliott Bay
The 2017 Ladies Sailing Race/Cruise was so much fun! After a great race over to Elliott Bay, as well as our power boating friends arriving at the Elliott Bay dock, the party started with socials on the docks which spread to the cowboy theme decorated cottage for nibbles and a fun filled costumed gathering. We had the Sheriff, the dance hall girl (could we say floozy?) our anti-drinking lady, and many more cowboy era personalities. The party spread to the plaza where nibbles were shared. Our wonderful volunteer men cooked up a scrumptious cowboy dinner including some of the best steaks. We had prizes for the sailing race, surprise quiz, and the popular vote for best costumes.
We were then entertained with cowboy music and were led in a foot stomping western dance by Christina and Viv. Janet led the sing along. In the morning we had yoga on the plaza followed by a scrumptious breakfast, then time to sail back to the Club.