An overview of Racing at WVYC
Come to WVYC any Wednesday night April through September and see why so many sailors are leaving work early!
WVYC offers one of the most fun, active and competitive racing programs on the West Coast. Here’s why:
- Wind, Wind, Wind
- With Howe Sound, English Bay and the Strait of Georgia as distinct course options, there is almost always wind.
- First rate Race Management and Facilities
- Our race committee is led by experienced competitors and made possible by trained volunteers.
- Extensive club facilities make it simple to get your boat race ready.
- After the race, tactics and triumphs are shared in the comfort of our newly renovated clubhouse with great food and drink.
- Something for Everyone at Every Level
Want to speed around the race course with your flashy new go-fast boat? Or relax in the white sails only cruising division? WVYC offers opportunities for all levels of competitors. It's a great environment for new racers.
Wednesday Evening Series - Five series covering the spring, summer and fall seasons. A great fleet on the start line and at the bar. Never raced before? Come to the club on a Wednesday and you’ll have a ride the next week!
Snowflake Series - Alternate Sundays during the fall and winter when winds are reliable. Tell your friends back east that you skied one weekend and sailed the next.
Signature events - the multi-course Southern Straits race on Easter weekend and the Pumpkin Bowl Regatta for youth dinghy sailors in October draw boats from across the Pacific Northwest. Participate on the water or volunteer on shore.
These and many other club races are designed to get you out on the water. To learn more, review the Racing section of the website.