Volunteering in the West Vancouver Yacht Club's summer sailing camps is a great way to meet new people, gain valuable experience and have fun!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the West Vancouver Yacht Club summer sailing camps.
In order to volunteer, please ensure you meet the criteria and required qualifications listed below. All forms are found below, under Volunteer Criteria. Please complete the required forms and return them to Learn to Sail Coordinator. We will do our best to ensure your preferences are accommodated. If you have any questions, please contact the Sailing Office at (604) 921-7575 ext 231 or email email@example.com. Placement of volunteers is based upon your preferences and the needs of the summer sailing program.
- 2016 Volunteer Application Form (PDF)
- Two references
- Junior Membership in West Vancouver Yacht Club, in good standing.
- Have a minimum of a full prior season of racing experience in Optimist White Fleet or higher, ideally with the NSST.
- Must be a minimum age of 11 age by the end of the current year.
- Must have completed, at a minimum, the Sail Canada Level that they will be volunteering with.
- All Volunteers must have gone through the application process and been approved by the Sailing Director.
- All volunteer times must be pre-scheduled, drop-in are not permitted.
||Complete the Volunteer Application Form.
||Provide two references. You have the option of:
a. Having two references complete the Volunteer Applicant Reference Form on your behalf
b. Submit reference letter(s) that you already have
||Submit completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday, June 26, 2016.
||Once we have reviewed your application, we will advise you of the weeks and camps that you will be volunteering with.
When volunteering, you need to sign in and sign out each and every time you volunteer. If you forget to sign in, your volunteer hours cannot be verified. The volunteer sign in book can be found in the Sailing Centre.