JOB TITLE: RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
HOURS OF WORK: Wednesday through Sunday (40 hours / week)
COMPANY: The West Vancouver Yacht Club (WVYC) is a progressive, casual, family friendly club, located 10 minutes outside of Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, BC.
JOB SUMMARY: The West Vancouver Yacht Club has an opening for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our team. As the Club’s Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, you are the first point of contact and must be well presented. You must be organized, efficient, adaptable and flexible, and possess an eye for detail. Reporting to the Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating a variety of front-office activities, providing support to the Club’s Accountant, and a range of administrative and clerical support to the Club’s management, Board of Directors and sub-committees. This role maintains a general knowledge about all aspects of the Club so that at all times you can provide accurate and current information to members and respond to general inquiries from the public.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Welcoming and directing members, visitors, service-providers and the public to the Club.
Answering or referring general phone inquiries, and replies to information requests with the accurate information.
Handling incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence.
Preparing letters, invitations and other correspondence.
Providing administrative support with Club events and special projects requirements.
Maintaining the database with membership records and performing A/R functions, queries, and database reports.
Organizing / maintaining the Club’s filing systems.
Processing member account charges, payments and reconciling daily chits and cash drawer.
Maintaining the Club’s online website, website calendar and assisting with member communications and publications, including, but not limited to: social media, email blasts, monthly newsletter and annual yearbook.
Maintaining inventory of Club clothing and other misc. merchandise.
Education & Experience
○ Completion of Grade 12.
○ Working towards or completion of a diploma or certificate program from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant subject area, such as Business Administration.
○ 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working with the public.
○ Previous experience in processing payments, cash transactions and reconciliation.
○ Knowledge and passion for boating would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
○ Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to operate office equipment.
○ Effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent customer service skills.
○ Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail; independent problem solving skills.
○ Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
○ Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
○ Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
○ Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign.
○ Ability to work in web based programs, including Club website and Social Media.
○ Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
○ Ability to establish and maintain rapport with the Membership.
○ Ability to work unsupervised, complete given tasks and take initiate.
SALARY: $19.50 / hour
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: August 16, 2019 at midnight
Please submit a cover letter and resume with "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line to email@example.com no later than August 16, 2019. We thank you for your application but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: To view some postings, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are having trouble viewing these files, please see the Help with PDFs