The 47th Annual Southern Straits - April 3-5, 2015
Hard to believe, but Good Friday April 3rd 2015 will mark the 47th consecutive start for the West Vancouver Yacht Club’s Southern Straits Classic.
We are now on the less than 2 week countdown to the official Race Start, and are thrilled to have a record number of 1st time Skippers registered for Straits 2015! Registration is still open, but a reminder that registration closes at end of day, Sunday March 29, 2015 as per the NOR.
If you are not racing, please join us at Dundarave Pier on April 3rd to see the Fleet off as they start their 2015 Southern Straits adventure. Beginning at 9:30am, WVYC hosts a family friendly Event at the Pier that allows spectators to view the popular pre-race "Parade of Boats", a Lions Pancake Breakfast, the West Vancouver Pops Band and onshore displays. The Race officially starts at 10:30am, so arrive at the Pier early to secure a front row viewing spot.
We look forward to seeing you on the 2015 Start Line!
- Click here for 2015 Sailing Instructions for the Long, Medium and Short Courses (Includes Amendment #1)
- Click here for 2015 Sailing Instructions for Long, Medium and Short Courses Amendment #1 (clarify VHF requirements and pre-race inspection impact)
- Click here for 2015 Sailing Instructions for the InShore Course
- Click here to view the pre-race safety inspection schedule.
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race (Includes Amendments #1, #2 and #3)
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race Amendment #3 (March 16, 2015 to make allowance for training vessels)
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race Amendment #2 (March 11, 2015 to clarify handheld VHF requirements)
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race Amendment #1 (March 4, 2015 to reflect pre-race inspections option)
- Click here for 2014 PIYA SER’s
- Click here for ISAF Offshore Regulations, Race Category 3 for Monohulls