The 47th Annual Southern Straits - April 3-5, 2015
Hard to believe, but Good Friday April 3rd 2015 will mark the 47th consecutive start for the West Vancouver Yacht Club’s Southern Straits Classic.
What started in 1969 with Ed Prescesky’s 47-footer SUMMER WINDS taking Line Honours, has grown into over 100+ boats and 700 sailors on the Start Line in 2014 from all over the Pacific Northwest. This year, Southern Straits is pleased to present all new Courses, a new Double Handed Division, a Registered Boat Bio feature and our brand new website which covers all the bases from “How to Register” to “Foreshore Activities.”
Registration is now open and we look forward to seeing you on the 2015 Start Line
- NEW! Click here for announcement about the availability of pre-race safety inspections.
- Click here to view the pre-race safety inspection schedule.
- Click here for details of our upcoming Tech Talk Series that will help you get you, your Crew
& your boat ready to race.
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race (Includes Amendment #1)
- Click here for 2015 Notice of Race Amendment #1 (March 4, 2015 to reflect pre-race inspections option)
- Click here for 2014 PIYA SER’s
- Click here for ISAF Offshore Regulations, Race Category 3 for Monohulls
- For Immediate Release: Southern Straits RCM-SAR Annoucement